An ongoing series by Persuasion’s Mary Musgrove
If wishes were Smartphones,
beggars could TEXT!
It is most annoying, living in a Regency world. If I could only text, how delightful life would be!
I’d use all the charming abbreviations to tell friends and family exactly what I think.
Aren’t these expressions deliciously apt?
• RHIP (Rank Has Its Privileges)
• ICEDI (I Can’t Even Discuss It)
• 4COL (For Crying Out Loud)
• PMFI (Pardon Me For Interrupting)
• BPLM (Big Person Little Mind)
• APAC (All Praise And Credit)
• EMFBI (Excuse Me For Butting In)
• CWOT (Complete Waste Of Time)
• YGTBK (You’ve Got To Be Kidding)
• BFFN (Best Friends For Now)
• AYDY (Are You Done Yet?)
• BOOMS (Bored Out Of My Skull)
• DITYID (Did I Tell You I’m Distressed?)
• AYTMTB (And You’re Telling Me This Because)
• GWHTLC (Glad We Had This Little Chat)
As you can see, Less is most definitely More!
Mary Elliot Musgrove, SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)
Daughter of Sir Walter Elliot, Bart.
Future Mistress of Uppercross