It’s that time of year again – the first week of January. Have you made your New Year’s resolutions yet?
I find that I generally make resolutions based on the failures of the past year. Sometimes I resolve to address an area in which I really haven’t tried at all. Occasionally, I see a brand, spanking new part of my life that I need to think about.
1. Lose weight. (This was on virtually every list I saw in my research. Guess I’m not the only fatty out there.)
2. Exercise. (Note that I didn’t say, “Exercise more.” Any exercise would be “more” at this point.)
3. Eat healthier. (This implies the existence of vegetables and fruits at meals. Some of the vegetables must be green.)
4. Read the Bible daily. (Which should, perhaps, be number one – channeling my inner Mr. Collins. Ugh!)
5. Be kinder.
6. Publish two books. (It goes without saying that I must write said books. Ha!) 7. Take my self less seriously. (Laugh more!)
8. Go to Japan. (I have a granddaughter I haven’t met yet.)
9. Go to California. (Watch out, Laura!)